The Vahlbruch BBQ combines a high-end buffer, booster and equalizer (BBQ) in one pedal. It is handmade in Germany and can be used in a variety of ways. The BBQ pedal can be placed in front of the amplifier or in effect loops. It is perfectly suited as a booster, it can help to clear up a crunchy amp and it prevents your tone over long cables and effect chains. The operation is easy and self-explanatory. A small plug' n' play secret weapon!
The BBQ pedal is also suitable for acoustic guitars!
This pedal is equipped with the unique "MagTraB" switching technology:
Inside the button a magnet is integrated which position is measured by a sensor on the circuit board. If the button is now moved, e.g. if it is pressed downwards, the position of the magnet will also change. The sensor measures this change without any mechanical contact to the button and the information is send via a micro-controller to a gold-plated relay, which then does the actual audio signal switching.
The advantages of "MagTraB" footswitches:
- MapTraB buttons are as good as indestructible! "MagTraB" delivers an almost infinite number of switching cycles - many, many millions!
- No annoying, mechanical switch clicks! Instead, the "MagTraB" push-buttons switch very smooth and silently!
You can choose if the pedal powers up in "on" or "bypass" state.
To change the state:
Step 1: Unplug the power supply cable.
Step 2: Hold down on/off "MagTraB" button.
Step 3: Plug in again the power supply cable.
Step 4: Release on/off "MagTraB"" button.
DONE! The next time your pedal powers up it will automatically start in the other state.
- An internal switch can be used to select between a true bypass mode or a permanently active high-end buffer circuit. An LED indicates the activated buffer mode as "Buffered Output On".
- An active 3-band equalizer provides a wide range of +/-15dB for a precise and musical adjustment of bass, middle and treble. The individual frequency bands do not influence each other.
- The volume can be adjusted from -8dB to +16dB in a wide and practical range.
- Newly developed and very low-noise circuit design.
- Exceptional reliability and ease of maintenance thanks to careful free wiring of jacks and foot switch.
- Robust "on/off" circuit, an orange LED indicates the status.
- Input impedance: 2.2M Ohms. Output impedance: 100 Ohms
- Current consumption: 20mA
- This pedal requires an external regulated 9-18V power supply (not included)Polarity: postive@ring / negative@tip
- Dimensions: 112mm x 70mm x 48mm
- Weight: 235g